Bulimia nervosa is an eating disorder whereby binge eating and/or purging, or consuming a large amount of food in a short time is common. Bulimia help may be needed when a person often eats a large amount of food compulsively, then rids the food from the body by purging (vomiting, taking a laxative, diuretic, stimulant, and/or excessive exercise). Those who need Bulimia help have a high over-concern for shape, weight and body image.
- Obsessed with body, shape and weight
- Afraid you won’t stop eating once you start
- Food and dieting take up a big part of your life
- Do you feel guilt and shame after you eat?
- Do you take laxatives, vomit or over-exercise to control your weight?
* If you could relate to at least 2 bullet points here, you may have Bulimia . If you can relate to 4 or more, you very likely need Bulimia help.